per 100 grams of
cooked lean meat
Did you know….?
- One can keep three elk for every one beef
cow on the same land base.
- The calorie intake of an elk is twice in
the summer, as in winter.
- They do not need bedding.
- Elk calve in the daylight, nature’s way
- Elk calve on the grass in late spring,
most often in the bat of an eye, and without warning
- Elk are what you are, calm if you are
- Antler is an annual renewable resource.
- Velvet antler (freeze dried) supplies 40
of the bodies’ required 181 essential nutrients daily for less than the price of one cup of
- Hard antler and buttons drop in March and
April, when new antlers start to grow again
- Velvet is harvested primarily in June.
grow each year in approximately 4 months.